Hide Empty Folders

coolspot

coolspot

I noticed on github on versions 253+ that it appeared you got rid of the "hide empty folders" option within MBC.  I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly, so let me know if I'm wrong, I'll hold off upgrading until I know more.

I know it's been a position of a few of the developers this should be a server feature than a client feature, but I've really appreciated you've kept this feature active until it got baked into the server code.  

Do you know if this option is soon to arrive on the server code as I highly use the feature and don't want to lose it.

Thanks for the hard work

All I did at this point is remove it from the config page.  This is the first step in phasing it out.  If you already have it selected, it will still function.

However, it will be removed from MBC eventually.  It simply causes way too many performance problems and the functionality belongs in the server instead.  

coolspot

Cool, I'll go ahead and update.

Hopefully you can push the server devs to implement this.  It's one of my main complaints for the android app too is it shows my shows that don't currently have files in them.  

Why is this being phased out? It's a great feature.

It is the source of many of the performance problems reported by people and the functionality belongs in the server anyway.

• 1 month later...
Ben1929

It is the source of many of the performance problems reported by people and the functionality belongs in the server anyway.

I just recently updated and discovered that the 'hide empty folders' option was removed. I can respect the fact it was removed for performance issues, but is there any plans to add that functionality to the server side? If so, when? I have alot of TV shows on my HTPC that now display despite not having any episodes. This changes how we navigate MBC drastically. I know it is something we can adjust to, but it would be great if there is some way to bring that feature back on the server side. Thanks.

• Like 1

Macburp

I just recently updated and discovered that the 'hide empty folders' option was removed. I can respect the fact it was removed for performance issues, but is there any plans to add that functionality to the server side? If so, when? I have alot of TV shows on my HTPC that now display despite not having any episodes. This changes how we navigate MBC drastically. I know it is something we can adjust to, but it would be great if there is some way to bring that feature back on the server side. Thanks.

+1 for this. This is one of those neat features that makes Emby look smart, so it really should be added back in at server level. Any reason why not?

• Like 1