My Theme - Prometheus

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Cheesegeezer

Updated the first post to my dropbox link with the latest .dll Cheesegeezer's comments made me reaslise that i'd posted the debug dll and not my release one, the debug had some rubbish in it that didn't work, i also replicated the poster issue, it was to do with me breaking the display options, in the views, (should be fixed now), the only one that worked correctly was coverflow, but poster should work correctly, list always used the main image regardless of the options (mainly due to my custom overlays), if you have issues try switching the view to coverflow setting the poster option and then switch back to poster or thumb, details dosn't have the option so that remains unaffected.

if there are still issues let me know. :(

A little tip for you if you don't mind be giving one.

To save you the hassle of keep copy and pasting from the Debug/release bin folder to MBC plugins folder

If you click on the Project Tab and at the bottome you will have your "[solution name] Properties" so you for it will probably be Prometheus Properties.  Go to the Build Event tab and on Post Build event box add this

xcopy "$(TargetPath)" "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins" /y

That will copy the successful build to directly to your MBC plugins folder. Like this.....

post-71-0-68833600-1424378311_thumb.png

Just about to try the latest version. ;)

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

yardameus

Very nice looking theme.  It seems very quick and responsive, which is awesome.  I can see quite a few people liking this theme, possibly even making the leap from MB2 to MB3 because of it. 

• Like 1

BeppoMonkeyBoy

A little tip for you if you don't mind be giving one.

To save you the hassle of keep copy and pasting from the Debug/release bin folder to MBC plugins folder

If you click on the Project Tab and at the bottome you will have your "[solution name] Properties" so you for it will probably be Prometheus Properties.  Go to the Build Event tab and on Post Build event box add this

xcopy "$(TargetPath)" "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins" /y

That will copy the successful build to directly to your MBC plugins folder. Like this.....

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2015-02-19 20.36.44.png

Just about to try the latest version. ;)

It's ok to give me tip's but the reason I manually copy the Dll's is because I'm developing on a machine that doesn't have media center on it, and I'm testing it by running it on a min spec VM, I get the impression that some of the themes what where done by that lee fellow, where slow because they where trying to do too much, but at home i use the media center for all tv, and use xboxes around the house to replicate the same feel, so if it works on the xboxes I'm kinda confident it should work on most peoples own machines. on the topic of lee's theme's I do love the slow moving backgrounds he did on some of them,

also love the JIL feature on the new classic, i've implemented it on most of my views, coverflow, list etc.. need to spend some time on thumb and strip, as i've neglected them (since I don't personnaly use them :))

Cheesegeezer

It's ok to give me tip's but the reason I manually copy the Dll's is because I'm developing on a machine that doesn't have media center on it, and I'm testing it by running it on a min spec VM, I get the impression that some of the themes what where done by that lee fellow, where slow because they where trying to do too much, but at home i use the media center for all tv, and use xboxes around the house to replicate the same feel, so if it works on the xboxes I'm kinda confident it should work on most peoples own machines. on the topic of lee's theme's I do love the slow moving backgrounds he did on some of them,

also love the JIL feature on the new classic, i've implemented it on most of my views, coverflow, list etc.. need to spend some time on thumb and strip, as i've neglected them (since I don't personnaly use them :))

Good analogy fella, if they work well on extenders you should have great performance for the rest.

Lee.... hmmmmmm...... don't get me started on him, but that's what happens when you steal code and don't really know what to do with it. 

JIL is pretty cool, isn't it.  I quite like it and use it all the time on the bedroom htpc, also triple tap is useful too.

I never use poster view, but from what I gather from the community, Coverflow (for the Poster Images) is quite high on the list and Details also.

I also noticed this in the Log, as I was looking for something else regarding MBC itself. Firstly the massively high Major Release version and secondly the Error for Skin Stuff.

2015-02-20 09:59:10.8520,Info,,Prometheus (version 15.2.19.1548) Initializing.,1,Application
2015-02-20 09:59:11.8030,Info,,Error Skin Stuff. ,1,Application

Latest version you posted does fix primary images issue on all views. And the RAL selector now functions correctly too - nice job :D

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Ha, the version numbering on the .dll is a hang over from my day job, as I am the defacto TFS admin, the version number is based of the date I compiled or remembered to change the build number, if i was checking it into tfs it would be done automatically, but its "year,month,day,time" 

skin stuff, is where i'm extracting resources from the .dll and creating folder structures in the config, the idea being that if you overwrite these with your own the system will use them instead allowing you to create your own skins, basically for the time when people say i'd like this title to be this color, they can do it themselves, so i don't have to do it for every request and then annoy people who liked it the way it was. Error Skin Stuff, is probably the extracting of the tiny audio files as that keeps breaking for some reason.

• Like 1

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Posted a new version to the link which fixes a few things and solves a few issues with the future customisation thing, still having issues with some of the save configiration stuff but it's getting there, finally added a backdrop effect I wanted, and changed a few cosmetic bits, fell free to play and give feedback

• Like 2

yardameus

I would like to see the runtime a little more visible, and an end time in the details view.  But I tend to use end times and run time a little more than most I think.  You've definitely succeeded in creating a fast, smooth theme.  I hope to see it soon in the plugin catalog.

DGMayor

Can I commission you to create a theme that looks like specific parts of Throgs themes?  :lol:  I'm still using his preliminary mb3 compatible themes that don't have all the new features and have a few bugs because I absolutely love some of the specific theme views.  I can't even browse to one of my categories on the EHS with his theme or it crashes every time (just one specific folder), but I just can't stop using it.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Can you provide screen shots? Of what you are after to see if I can come close? What's in the category that crashes?

Cheesegeezer

Can I commission you to create a theme that looks like specific parts of Throgs themes?  :lol:  I'm still using his preliminary mb3 compatible themes that don't have all the new features and have a few bugs because I absolutely love some of the specific theme views.  I can't even browse to one of my categories on the EHS with his theme or it crashes every time (just one specific folder), but I just can't stop using it.

Please supply Beppo with logs and Event Viewer Log for Applications/MediaCenter so he can see what the issue is.

See my signature for how to report a problem.

Cheers

Edited by Cheesegeezer

DGMayor

Please supply Beppo with logs and Event Viewer Log for Applications/MediaCenter so he can see what the issue is.

See my signature for how to report a problem.

Cheers

For Throg's themes?    Sorry I was just being silly.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

I would like to see the runtime a little more visible, and an end time in the details view.  But I tend to use end times and run time a little more than most I think.  You've definitely succeeded in creating a fast, smooth theme.  I hope to see it soon in the plugin catalog.

is this for the details screen (runtime and endtime both?) end-time was going to be added to this screen, might have a go later today, as I'm looking at that screen at the moment, as i want to fix some image issues, and fix some issues with the actor details, nothing too major, also want to fix some of the configuration settings, as they don't always save or reflect whats going on, the motion backdrop i added on the last update is an example of this, its always on, and some people might want it off, plus at the moment its a little odd on an xbox entender. with an odd border around it.

yardameus

I like end time everywhere, but I was specifically referring to the final details screen.  I specifically noticed that run time is both right under the title (top of the details) and near the bottom of the screen near the current time.  Figured maybe end time could replace or be placed with the run time near the bottom.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Uploaded a new version to the dropbox last night, changed a few things, also done a lot of work on the thumbs view (not totally happy with it yet), but feel free to have a play.

• Like 1

BeppoMonkeyBoy

I'm going to upload a new version later tonight with a few tweaks, but here is a list of new screenshots of the latest version, spent a long time messing with the thumb view, its still not working how I'd like it too but its pretty close, other changes have been made on other screen's... anyway enjoy.

post-3989-0-41767400-1424968673_thumb.png

post-3989-0-77959700-1424968680_thumb.png

post-3989-0-99939500-1424968685_thumb.png

post-3989-0-63096400-1424968691_thumb.png

post-3989-0-96328800-1424968696_thumb.png

post-3989-0-78924300-1424968701_thumb.png

post-3989-0-67436600-1424968706_thumb.png

post-3989-0-09322500-1424968712_thumb.png

post-3989-0-20635500-1424968716_thumb.png

post-3989-0-76556200-1424968720_thumb.png

post-3989-0-49349500-1424968725_thumb.png

post-3989-0-68205700-1424968729_thumb.png

post-3989-0-78904700-1424968733_thumb.png

post-3989-0-98118500-1424968740_thumb.png

• Like 2

SilentAssassin

Loving the look of this theme. Hopefully once you've finished off the final polish it will be in the plugin catalogue, it could be one of the best looking themes.

• Like 2

yardameus

Bravo...  Looking really sharp.  Haven't had a chance to really put this through it's paces, but it seems like a solid performer while still looking really sharp.  

BeppoMonkeyBoy
This is my work in progress thumb view, the animations are supposed to behave a bit differently, but I'm just learning how to get them to work right, I'm starting to implemnt progress bars for how much you've warched for shows in progress, like chocolate does but still tweaking it to get it to look right.
  • Like 1

yardameus

Really like how the thumb view looks.  Plenty of info, but you still get a simple look and the background isn't completely obscured, which is always a plus for me.  Comparing the theme to the functionality and inclusion of features that chocolate has is a really good approach.

• Like 1

Oh WOW.  My fav already!

I have discovered a possible glitch?

When in the EHS menu and I scroll over to "Music Albums" and select it, the program crashes.  When I scroll over to it, the most recently added display at the bottom, but I cannot actually go into the Music Albums view.  I can however go into the Music view.

Cheesegeezer

I love the fact that MBC has such an active development team, plugins, themes and a responsive community. I relish new theme devs and hope it continues, shame M$ dont relish the same love.

Well done Beppo

• Like 2

SilentAssassin

I love the fact that MBC has such an active development team, plugins, themes and a responsive community. I relish new theme devs and hope it continues, shame M$ dont relish the same love.

Well done Beppo

Hopefully the theme devs can carry the look of their themes over to MBT when that reaches maturity.

• Like 1

SilentAssassin

Something with the files dates 25 and 26 make MBC crash. Using the file dated 24 is OK. I had never used the plugin before trying the newest files.

This is an error I find in the log when running.

2015-02-28 09:41:52.7711,Info,,Prometheus (version 15.2.26.2152) Initializing.,1,Application
2015-02-28 09:41:52.8311,Error,,Error writing resource: C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Prometheus\backdrop\backdrop.png  ( Exception.  Type=System.InvalidCastException Msg=Unable to cast object of type 'System.Drawing.Bitmap' to type 'System.Byte[]'. Src=Prometheus Method=WriteResourceToFile Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at Prometheus.Plugin.WriteResourceToFile(String resource,, String fileName,, FileMode create) ),1,Application

That file was however there, so not sure if that is a red herring.