Audio Transcode Bitrate?

dragon2611

dragon2611

Is there a setting to change the audio bit-rate served up via the web-interface?

If the sourcefile is lossless the chances are I really don't want it streamed as a 128kbps Mp3.

FrostByte

It transcodes all my wma files into 128bit mp3 files also, hopefully in the future it will support more formats

• 1 month later...

No flac?  Shove it.  128mbps .mp3 is garbage.

the browsers don't play flac. so if you want to tell someone to shove it, it's not us :)

• Like 1

cswa913102

the browsers don't play flac. so if you want to tell someone to shove it, it's not us :)

OK, my bad.  I'm using the Roku 2, not my browser.  Every time I try to play a music file, MB shuts down and returns me to the home page.

cswa913102

hmm. does roku 2 even play flac? sounds like we're missing a check somewhere.

Yes, Roku plays .flac, (firmware 5.3 and up) according to their published specs.

What is the proper way to scan my library?  I have all my music (90% flac, a few WMA lossless, a handful of .mp3) on one drive.  I used the drive name (E:\) for the scan folder, but it seems to be hung about 1/4 of the way through.

As a matter of fact, it says "Last result: (Aborted by server shutdown)", but the "scan library button" is greyed out.

Edited by cswa913102

• 5 months later...
shorty1483

An option to adjust the Audio Quality would indeed be really nice, just to put the thread up.

When playing a file over WebClient with HQ EarPlugs with native DTS-HD MA e.g., the 128k MP3 transcoding is indeed a bit unelegant.

Cool feature would be transcoding to 256 or 320k, but not higher than source (e.g. 192k MP3).

Edited by shorty1483