Feature request: Soundgraph (iMon) support

mhariush

BATTLE DONKEY

Off topic a bit.... I have the same antec fusion black case. I have been considering a new build for an htpc/gaming PC but at the same time considering if I can reuse the case or if I'll have to get a bigger case.

Just out of curiosity, do any of you have a dedicated video card, or even maybe liquid cooling for the CPU? I'm just wondering if its physically possible to cram anything else into the case, or if there was any issues fitting at least the video card, I doubt I'll actually need water cooling

newfiend

I have a Antec Fusion Remote Black PC Case. I use it as a multi Purpose HTPC/Gaming PC.

I wouldn't suggest water cooling in this one.. Not much room for the radiator or fans. The case does have extremely good air flow though.

I have a GTX 750Ti Video Card in mine at the moment and I use it for games on Steam Big Picture Mode etc.. Works quite well. I don't see any reason you can't fit a decent sized Video Card in there but keep in mind that it's a Micro ATX Case and that most good video cards are double slot cards now and will take up two PCIe slots on the case. Something to consider if you want to add more PCIe cards to your setup later. I have the Video card and a Ceton InfiniTV6 in mine and they fit just fine.

newfiend~

• 3 months later...
HenryWaxmansNostrils

Hi Wolfbuddy. Now that emby theatre is in alpha/beta any plans on restarting work on this plugin regards Neil

wolfbuddy

It's been so long I'd forgotten all about this!

In all honesty, I've moved on from using Emby. I needed to switch playback for my home theater to a Linux machine so I tried Emby for Kodi and wasn't impressed. The lack of HD audio bistreaming and the image quality was definitely a step backwards.

Then I tested Plex HT for Linux and was really impressed. I'd been a financial supporter of Emby but I find Plex a more professional and, more importantly, stable environment. Plex has all of the features that I need without having to become a premium member as it still has home theater at it's core, rather than being more more focused on mobile and web apps which I feel is where Emby has gone in the wrong direction. The fact that it's taken so long to get the home theater app updated (although I haven't tested it to see if it's actually any good) and now I see that it's only available for premium users well that's the nail in the coffin for Emby for me. 

It's been so long I'd forgotten all about this!

In all honesty, I've moved on from using Emby. I needed to switch playback for my home theater to a Linux machine so I tried Emby for Kodi and wasn't impressed. The lack of HD audio bistreaming and the image quality was definitely a step backwards.

Then I tested Plex HT for Linux and was really impressed. I'd been a financial supporter of Emby but I find Plex a more professional and, more importantly, stable environment. Plex has all of the features that I need without having to become a premium member as it still has home theater at it's core, rather than being more more focused on mobile and web apps which I feel is where Emby has gone in the wrong direction. The fact that it's taken so long to get the home theater app updated (although I haven't tested it to see if it's actually any good) and now I see that it's only available for premium users well that's the nail in the coffin for Emby for me. 

It is the same for both of us as both have a new app that is premium and a previous app that is legacy and free and in maintenance mode only. As far as our direction and focus, this new app is being given as much priority as any other app so development is going to be much quicker than the previous edition.

GlennNZ

Hi all,

May have a solution for those with Second Screens in HTPC (ie. Full LCD 800x600 screens)

Moved sometime ago to Yatse2 ( for Kodi) - looks much better, properly uses full screen for fanart, & Nowplaying info - I have continued to update it to add some functions I needed. See Kodi forum (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=68936&page=54)

Anyhow have spent some time adding Emby support - which is almost done. Have all basic functions working, nowplaying screen, fanart, local Movie Database, remote control where possible.

Just need to finish TV & Music database import, and sort out playto functions. Should have it done in a short while to be fully compatible with Emby. (will start a new post when done - and probably need to change its name)

Manual to download here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?mw8mj9wdc649asd

Example - NowPlaying Screens - below - but does a lot more:

56a83dab925e0_NowPlayingScreens.png

Edit:

Emby version done and download from here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31037-FrontView%2B-%5Bfor-Windows%5DiMon-replacement%2C-NowPlaying-2nd-Screen

Glenn

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ
  • Like 2

GlennNZ

Thanks Luke 

Now if only Nowviewing info -  was filled by clients - then could also have relevant fanart as browses menus/Series etc.

No plans for Home theatre to update Nowviewing?  (amongst other todo's I'm sure)

Glen

wolfbuddy

So I tried the new version of Emby Theater and I was disappointed to say the least, especially after waiting so long. 

I can't see myself sinking any time into this plugin so if anyone wants to pick it up and finish it (most likely do a much better job too!) I'd be happy to pass on what I know about the iMon API.

GlennNZ

Have a replacement option for Vfd/LCD screens for Emby. (Using Lcdsmartie and Emby plugin)

See here:

Plugin for LCD/VFD Screens [Windows] Imon Replacement - using FrontView Server Plugin

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31356-Plugin-for-LCD-VFD-Screens-%5BWindows%5D-Imon-Replacement---using-FrontView-Server-Plugin