Windows Media Player file not found as external video player

markm75

Whenever I use the standard {PATH} for windows media player and I try to launch an mp4 video file from my collection, i get file not found and it wont play the video.. however, if i simply double click the file, windows media player opens right up..

Is there another argument i should be using.. 

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

No it should work just fine with the default {PATH}. Might need to post a log

Actually, i took a look at the log, though i could post if need be.. i see whats happening or what i think is the issue...

On the server i have the library for home videos configured to point to a local "B" drive (server b drive, not the client).. then when the client launches wmplayer.exe and sticks the path on at the end it tries to play from "B", whereas for movies and tv, the internal player somehow ports the path as a different path that actually works despite pointing at B for tv and movies in general..

So it seems the server B drive path hoses the player from knowing where to look, i think.  The same occurs with PowerDVD and trying to use it as the player (though movies, isos work fine with similar paths set on the server config).

EDIT: i double checked my movie paths.. appears i was going by \\servername there, but not for the others, so i think i know what to fix now :)

Edited by markm75
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
KidTurkey

How did you fix it?  

I have the same problem.  Using {PATH} is pointing to my external drive on the server (T:) but that drive cannot be accessed from the device using Emby Theater.  I pasted the log entry below:

2015-07-13 23:09:24.3966 Info - App: C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe "T:\TV Shows\Rewind\Season 01\Rewind.S01E01.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4" /play /close /fullscreen

Thanks!