Blue bar around playing video

michaeljc70
Go to solution Solved by tornadotj,

michaeljc70

So, I searched and read many posts about this.  I modified the registry for the media extender.  I changed the overscan options in the MB configuration on the extender.  I got rid of the blue bar around the screen when browsing videos. However, when I play a video, it still has the blue bars.  

The zoom buttons don't work and cause the video part of the screen to go black. 

I am running the latest version of MB on my extender. Any ideas?

Edited by michaeljc70

michaeljc70

Playing with the overscan numbers in the settings on the extender I can get the blue bars to disappear when playing video. However, the screens where I am not playing video I can't see the edges and some controls are off screen.

• Solution
tornadotj

Don't alter those on the extender's MBC client. Alter them in the registry on the media center box acting as the master. 

I copied this from Coolspot's post.

you can only access the registry key you need to when you xbox 360 has media center turned on.

for me it's under

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2524208145-3360545369-606345252-1004\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\MCE.PerUserSettings

You'll have to find out which user your Media Center Extender uses.  Go look under HKEY_Users...note what's there.  Then turn on the xbox 360 in media center mode and go look again...you'll see added user.  Make the changes to the "marginSaved" top, bottom, left, right that you need.  Then restart your xbox and fiddle with it until it's right.

Each Xbox 360 has it's own HKEY_USER that only appears when it's in media center mode.

• Change the Margin Saved value to 1 and change all the other margins (top, bottom, left and right) to 0.

I found this worked better than messing with the xml file.

It is easier to do than it sounds.

Edited by tornadotj
  • Like 1