Media Browser Classic Aspect Ratio

iainsheppard
Go to solution Solved by buddyweiser,

iainsheppard

Hi All,

for some reason the aspect ratio will not show correctly, I have tried the zoom options and not much works.  I saw there was an article about checking what is set in WMC and it was set to normal also (viewing TV).

I am using MBC v3.0.243.0

thanks

iain

iainsheppard

I can take a screenshot when i get home, but all movies with 2:40:1 or that resolution will all show as 16:9 picture looks off.

• Solution
buddyweiser

Try playing a video without using the new player interface. Then, during playback toggle the aspect ratio(I believe it's ctrl+shift+z) and verify that the video is not being zoomed or stretched. Then, try enabling the new player interface and viewing a video. That is of course, if you use the new player interface.

Sent using my G3

• Like 1

iainsheppard

thanks for the replies, it is working now but I had to just play it through media centre to set correct zoom (as said above) TV just couldnt hack it.

thanks again all.

buddyweiser

thanks for the replies, it is working now but I had to just play it through media centre to set correct zoom (as said above) TV just couldnt hack it.

thanks again all.

Windows Media Center "remembers" what aspect ratio you last used and keeps it for future videos. However, from what I gather the new player interface does not interact with WMC in a way that allows WMC to remember the aspect ratio. So if you happen to toggle the aspect ratio while watching a music video or something that doesn't use the new player interface, then it will stay that way until you toggle it back. Where as the new player interface resets the aspect ratio to original each time a new video is played(as it should be I would think).

• 1 year later...
rictal

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm having the same issue and this hasn't provided a solution for me.

All movies greater than 16:9 (eg 2.35:1) are vertically stretched to fill the screen and the aspect ratio distorted.  I just want black bars!  Trying the different zoom options doesn't help as it just zooms to lose content left and right.

How do I get Emby to play widescreen movies with black bars by default?

Assuming you set the zoom in the EMC player interface to "None" check to be sure you don't have the WMC player zoomed (by playing something in the normal WMC library).

rictal

Can you explain (for simple people) how to set the zoom to none in the EMC interface?

The WMC zoom is set to normal.

As a side note, if I play a 2.35:1 movie through the "Movies" option in WMC after start up (rather than through the "Emby" option) I get the same vertically stretched picture.  I can't find a setting that affects the display in WMC other than the 'display setup' which I've done a number of ways with no help.

There are a number of icons for zoom in EMC during playback.  One of them is "None" or maybe "Normal".

But, if you have the same problem with straight WMC, then the problem, obviously, is not with EMC.  Maybe your TV is actually doing it...?

rictal

I thought it might be too, but I've changed every setting I can find (and there's a lot!) to no avail.  It's a Sony KDL-55W900A.