Restore from backup

ghostguy

ghostguy

I found some of it

I Dl the backup plugin and pointed it to where my old backup lives.   It asked it what i wanted to retsore and I selected "everything"    It said complete but nothing is really restored (plugin preferences, purchased plugins, watched versus unseen etc)

How long ago?

Can you show me the restore page from the plug-in instead so I can see what is actually there?

Click on the backup you are trying to restore and show me that page please.  That shows what is actually in there and gives you the options for how to restore it.

ghostguy

I did have to reenter my support key then manually install my previous plugins

At this point my "watched" and next up etc isn't accurate    basically the server thinks i've never watched anything in my library.  As well as collections don't exist, where as before I had probably around 40-50 box sets

Collections are not backed up.

Are you sure your content is recognized and identified properly on the new server?

Can you post the restore.log that is in the same folder with the backup?

ghostguy

sorry you lost me a little

New new PC is running JUST MBS     my NAS which holds my content library has not changed at all

So they only thing that changed was the MBS itself 

I mean can you browse with the web client and all your movies look like movies and have all their metadata etc.

I think it is possible that your content is not being properly recognized for some reason so that would cause watched status to not be there.

ghostguy

Yes all movies and tv shows have the correct metadata   they did even before attempting the first back up restore.

technically everything is sort of back to normal.  but thats through  manually downloading plugins again etc 

so other then the watched info i guess its ok for now.

• 2 weeks later...

i use third party tool for backup because  I had 2 of external hard drives die and lost all my data. Now onwards  I am using backup and recovery software (CloudBacko Pro) for saving all of my data. I am really happy with it. It works for Windows, Mac as for Linux and provides some pretty useful features. Thanks

I just backup my MB data and config setting to a rar file with a bat file once a week so i always have a current copy.

Rem Create a Rar file of the MediaBrowser data folder
"C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rar.exe" u -r -y -dh MediaBrowser.rar "E:\Temp\MB3\*.*"
"C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rar.exe" u -r -y -dh MediaBrowserConfig.rar "C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\*.*"

You still have your old server PC so you should be able to copy the files for that user "config.xml" over to the new PC.

Also your collections should still be there also in the collection folder

Edited by Rainey