LG Smart TVs

nekromantik

nekromantik

Any plans to create a app for LG Smart TVs?

Would love the look of the windows app on my TV.

Similar to Plex but this has so many different options.

I think that would be fantastic but I don't think our core dev team has the resources to do it right now.

If you were to recruit someone to build I would give them all the assistance they need. Can you email the owners of these projects:

https://github.com/search?q=lg+tv&nwo=RedshirtMB%2FGameBrowser-Server&search_target=global&ref=cmdform

Also, post on the LG developers forum. If you show them this link and introduce them to MB, someone is bound to be interested..

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser

• 1 month later...
Allan Cameron

Just an update, as there are a few people working on Plex apps right now for the LG 2013 smartTVs.

I have tested them both from USB and they are looking/working pretty damn good so far.

Both dev's say at some point they will be available in the LG App Store once they are complete, tested and approved.

So it would be nice to have a MB3 alternative if somebody can get this project going. Maybe charging a few bucks for the app would help with interest in development?

That somebody could be you  :D . We are short on devs if you can find one that will write it we will make every effort to help but there are just not enough butts to fill the seats atm.

This is interesting news, some people will work quietly and come up with results:

http://www.androidcentral.com/clockworkmod-s-allcast-hits-google-play-casts-all-things-almost-all-places

ClockworkMod's AllCast for android will cast photos and videos to Roku, Apple TV, the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Samsung and Panasonic TVs, Google TV and other DNLA-enabled devices, and guess what; it has nothing to do with ChromeCast.

MB development team works hard, but if we (as MB users) want to enjoy it in different areas, let's help finding resources, instead of just asking them.

• Like 1

Just an update, as there are a few people working on Plex apps right now for the LG 2013 smartTVs.

I have tested them both from USB and they are looking/working pretty damn good so far.

Both dev's say at some point they will be available in the LG App Store once they are complete, tested and approved.

So it would be nice to have a MB3 alternative if somebody can get this project going. Maybe charging a few bucks for the app would help with interest in development?

does LG have a developer forum we could post in?

Allan Cameron

The Plex client was just updated for LG TVs, but still under testing.

post-532-0-48611000-1387894820_thumb.jpg

Still hoping somebody decides to do MB which I would rather use.

Edited by a1b2c3

Allan Cameron

can you introduce us to the LG forums? We might find someone in there.

Would love to but sorry I'm not a member of those forms. You need a developer account to login and post.

Allan Cameron

I'm not aware of any general LG Smart TV forum.

As far as I know the developer forum is where everything is discussed.

The Plex client was just updated for LG 2013 TVs, but still under testing.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Still hoping somebody decides to do MB which I would rather use.

can you introduce us to the LG forums? We might find someone in there.

Would love to but sorry I'm not a member of those forms. You need a developer account to login and post.

Ok. Even their general forums would be great too.

• 2 weeks later...
Allan Cameron

That's great, thanks. Hopefully we can get a dev to jump on this.

Everything seems to have Plex on it and I would love to see MP3 catch up as it's my preferred client.

Cheesegeezer

Believe me if i knew html5 and java i would be all over this, but i dont unfortunately.

Allan Cameron

Simon over at the plex forums is developing the Plex client for LG TVs.

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/89004-simonjhogans-plex-client-for-lg-smart-tv/

His Site

http://plex.h3consulting.net/index.html

It's already fantastic and not even complete yet. He is putting the finishing touches on it now for submission to The LG App Store. This guy knows his stuff and could easily do the same from MP3 if he chose to. Once he's finished with the Plex client I will send him a private message and ask him if he's interested or is aware of MB3 and would consider bringing it to LG community.

I'm very active in his thread and do testing and report bugs.

I'll let you know how I make out but right now I wouldn't dare ask. One thing at a time ;)

Edited by Allan68
  • Like 3

simonjhogan
I think that would be fantastic but I don't think our core dev team has the resources to do it right now.

If you were to recruit someone to build I would give them all the assistance they need. Can you email the owners of these projects:

https://github.com/search?q=lg+tv&nwo=RedshirtMB%2FGameBrowser-Server&search_target=global&ref=cmdform

Also, post on the LG developers forum. If you show them this link and introduce them to MB, someone is bound to be interested..

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser

Hi Luke just downloaded media browser 3 and having a play .. Will look at options for developing an LG client when I get a chance.

Cheers,

Simon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Latchmor

Brilliant @@simonjhogan Sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment. When you get round to it, I have an LG Smart TV and can test anything you want me to.

Cheers

Cheesegeezer

Hi Luke just downloaded media browser 3 and having a play .. Will look at options for developing an LG client when I get a chance.

Cheers,

Simon

Welcome Simon,

I've had a play with the LG IDE, its a pretty good one, almost identical to WinForms in VS. Problem is i dont know Java at all lol, so just messed around with the controls. It also appears that they prefer jquery, however i think you could use what you wanted.

The IDE has built in Emulators for 2011, 2012, 2013 range of TV's.

Allan Cameron

Cheers,

Simon

Good to see you here Simon, At least now i don't have to talk to you about this in the future over at the plex forums ;)

I'm sure you will like MB3 as i do. To me, the server side is much better then PMS. I find it simpler to use as i think it has a nicer layout.

As far as a client goes, well that up to the developer weather it would be as good or better then plex. If your on the job, it would be a fantastic client i'm sure :)

I know it's 1 thing a the time right now, but i hope at some point you can look into this futher and maybe come up with a bata client.

Cheers bro :)

I will be back!!

Edited by a1b2c3
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...