Active directory integration

Luke

AxelAxel3

I run a Windows 2012 AD server at my house for various reasons. Is it possible to link up the users in AD with the user system in MediaBrowser?

• Like 1

critterfluffy

The first simple trick that comes to mine is just set the web server to NTLM auth.  This will require AD to access the page at all.

Then you just don't have account passwords.  This isn't ideal but I am assuming users are just family and the accounts are just to separate preferences and history.

If you want more account control then same thing but just use shorter passwords like PINS.  With the AD layer this keeps kids out of your account but gives a simpler logon experience.

Are you meaning that if user names are the same and I enable AD auth on the reverse proxy it works out of the box?

Because I tried it and it didn't... so maybe I did something wrong.

Do you have a step by step guide?

Deathsquirrel

No, I think he means NTLM authentication for the web site in addition to the MB authentication as a security function.  It would be more secure.  It would not be easier to use.

To use Windows authentication as a replacement for MB user accounts would require code changes in the web app.

From experience, supporting windows authentication in IIS is a pain in the ass.  I do it every day and don't wish it on anyone, espeically home users.