PlayStation games launch {PATH}

jscoys

Hi guys. First of all I don't know if this topic is related to MBT, but I think it is. Let met explain the problem :

I use the emulator ePsxe to play Playstation games. Some of these games are structured as only one .Bin file and others have a .Cue file to describe the Bin (where data are and where audio is located...).

For some games, if you open directly the .Bin, sounds (music and ambiant) won't play and the game, in 99.9% will crash. Directly in ePsxe it works by opening the .Cue file.

With my different tests I found that MBT passed the .Bin instead of the .Cue, resulting in different crashes and problems.

It appens everytime, even if two files have a different name or the exactly same name.

I need your help! Maybe MBT should pass the .Cue if exists, otherwise the .Bin?

Is there someone who noted the problem to solve it in a future version or we have to deal with that issue anyway? Please give a status.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
jscoys

HI @@Luke, It's been a very annoying problem for me, and maybe another players... I decided to create a C# program to be launched by Emby Theatre which will old the PATH, look into the directory if a .cue file is present. If so, it'll launch the emulator with this one instead of the .bin file.

But I said "Hum, maybe other people lives with this annoying problem, and I could suggest a new piece of code directly in GIT instead of doing anything on my side...". So if you're ok, I will produce this piece of code directly into GITHUB. Could you give me direction on where I have to go? Is it in GameBrowser plugin or in Emby Theatre sources?